Monday, March 5, 2012

Area School Hosts Food Drive

Last night I had the pleasure of meeting one of my neighbors. A young man knocked on my door (I very rarely have a knock on the door, mind you!) and he introduced himself as a student at St. Thomas Academy and my neighbor from across the hall at Lexington Heights Apartments. Salem Green and Lexington Heights are both owned and operated by Condor Corporation. He was carrying two large grocery bags and collecting donations for a food drive being conducted by his school. I was thrilled to meet a neighbor and thrilled to be asked to donate to a food drive. I rummaged up a few items and I felt good all evening knowing I had helped out in a small way.

St. Thomas Academy is a local college preparatory private school in nearby Mendota Heights.

Today is the last day of the food drive for St. Thomas Academy, however if you would like to make a donation you can find details on giving to Neighborhood House here. Neighborhood House is the charity and food shelf where the St. Thomas Cadets will deliver their collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment